Ballina Shire Council is continuing works to investigate potential water loss in the supply network in West Ballina. To complete this work Council will be temporarily turning off water to properties in West Ballina across two nights.
These works were due to be carried out last week but were rescheduled due to wet weather.
Residents and businesses will experience temporary water outages between midnight and 4.30am in the morning as follows:
- Midnight Tuesday 7 December to 4.30am Wednesday 8 December
- Midnight Wednesday 8 December to 4.30am Thursday 9 December
This work is being completed at night to reduce the impact on households and businesses and there will not be any noise impact from this work.
This investigation is part of Council’s Water Loss Management Program. Managing water loss is important to reduce unnecessary losses between the water network and the point of delivery to the customer. This program is an important measure to save water, chemicals and energy.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused and thanks residents and businesses for their patience while these essential works are completed.
Tips to prepare for a temporary water outage:
- Store drinking water in preparation for the interruption.
- When your water returns it may be discoloured. This is due to sediment. Please run the tap until your water runs clear.
- Small air bubbles cause milky water; this is not harmful and will settle after a short period.
- Please leave taps off during the interruption, as water may return at any time.
For any queries in relation to these works, please call Council’s Water and Wastewater team on 1300 864 444.
Outage area map