Child Abuse Squad detectives have charged a 23-year-old man with a further 190 charges relating to the alleged sexual offences against several children whilst employed as a baby-sitter. It is alleged that the man advertised his services through an on-line babysitting service.
As part of the ongoing investigation by Child Abuse Squad, detectives identified a further nine victims. It is alleged the additional offences occurred between July 2020 and August 2021 whilst they man was baby-sitting the victims.
The 23-year-old man from Bennett Springs appeared in the Perth Magistrates Court today (20/09) charged with an additional 190 charges comprising of the below offences:-
• Possessing Child Exploitation Material;
• Sexual Penetration of a Child under 13 years;
• Indecently Records a Child under 13 years;
• Indecent Dealings with a Child under 13 years;
• Procured, Encouraged or Incited a Child under 13 years to do an Indecent Act; and
• Procured, Encouraged or Incited a Child under 13 years to Engage in Sexual Behaviour.
He is next due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court on 18 October 2021 with a current total of 194 charges relating to 12 child victims who are aged between eight months and nine years.
The investigation is ongoing and detectives urge anyone with information relating to this matter, or any similar incidents, to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au
If you are or have been a victim of sexual abuse, or if you have information about someone being abused, please contact police on 131 444.