Yesterday, 27,859 vaccine doses were administered by Victoria’s state-commissioned services. The total number of doses administered through state-run services is 4,456,376.
91.4 per cent of Victorians aged 16 and over have now had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 74.7 per cent have had two doses. This excludes most recent Commonwealth data.
There are 802 COVID-19 cases in hospital in Victoria. 152 of those cases are in intensive care, with 92 cases on a ventilator.
Victoria was notified of 1,461 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday. All cases were local. The 10 Local Government Areas with the highest number of new cases are Casey, Frankston, Melton, Wyndham, Greater Dandenong, Whittlesea, Hume, Brimbank, Melbourne and Wodonga.
All locations containing new cases are published at Victorian COVID-19 data.
There are 24,831 active cases in Victoria. The total number of confirmed cases in Victoria since the beginning of the pandemic is 80,152.
Sadly, the Department was notified of 7 deaths of people who had COVID-19 yesterday, bringing the total number of deaths in Victoria since the pandemic began to 1,048. One of these individuals, a woman in her 20s, did not die because of COVID-19. The remaining six were:
- A person in their 40s
- A person in their 60s
- Three people in their 80s
- A person in their 90s
56,905 COVID-19 tests were processed yesterday. The total number of tests performed in Victoria since the pandemic began is 12,920,382.
There are currently more than 73,000 active primary close contacts in isolation in Victoria.
The Victorian Government – in partnership with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations – is redoubling efforts to close the gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous vaccination rates. For more information see Aboriginal health services in race to boost vaccinations.
There are also seven community pop-up vaccination sites operating this week at:
- Coldstream Community Centre on Kelso Road
- Birchfield Children and Family Centre on Birchfield Crescent, Wantirna South
- Macedonian Cultural Centre, High Street Epping
- Kalkallo Community Centre on Toyon Road
- Collingwood Town Hall on Hoddle Street
- The Hub at Northland Shopping Centre, Preston
- Sunshine Mosque, Ballarat Road, Ardeer
Restrictions will ease again at 6pm on 29 October, thanks to so many Victorians taking action to protect themselves and their community. For more information, visit Victoria’s Roadmap.
Links and contacts
- Current restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne
- Current restrictions in regional Victoria
- Vaccinations, including how to book and where to go
- Current list of exposure sites
- Find your nearest testing centre
- Get $450 if you have to isolate after a test and other support available
- Delivering the national plan – Victoria’s Roadmap
- Information for industry and workers required to be vaccinated
- Victoria’s travel permit system
- The Commonwealth’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) common operating picture
- How to get your COVID-19 digital certificate
- What to do if you have COVID-19
- What to do if you are a close contact of a person diagnosed with COVID-19
To access the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Victoria, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria website