To assist potential candidates who are considering nominating for the upcoming local government elections, Lithgow Council will be conducting a Councillor Candidate Information Session in June.
The Session will be held on Wednesday 16 June 2021 for potential candidates for the September 2021 council elections.
The session will provide an opportunity for potential candidates to:
- Identify the key requirements of becoming a candidate for election;
- Understand the councillor role and how this fits in with other roles and levels of government;
- Address key expectations and potential challenges in becoming a councillor;
- Know how the councillor role fits in with Integrated Planning and Reporting;
- Understand key elements of council meetings, including code of conduct and conflict of interest.
The candidate briefing session will be conducted by experienced Local Government NSW facilitator, Maire Sheehan.
The Information Session will be held on Wednesday 16 June 2021 at 5.00pm in the Council Chambers Mort Street Lithgow. To register go to https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/2021-local-government-election-candidate-information-session-tickets-153752689433