The Victorian Government has restrictions in place in Mitchell Shire to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Mitchell Shire will be under the same restrictions as metropolitan Melbourne until further notice. The Shire still has a high number of active cases and will remain in lockdown due to its close proximity to areas of highest concern in metro Melbourne.
This means, residents of Mitchell Shire cannot leave their home other than for one of the six following reasons:
- shopping for necessary goods and services
- caregiving or compassionate reasons, including medical care or to get a COVID-19 test
- authorised work (with a permit) or permitted education
- exercise (once a day for up to 4 hours, and that 4 hours includes any time spent outdoors socialising in limited groups)
- outdoor social interaction in limited groups (once a day for up to 4 hours, and that 4 hours includes any time spent on exercise)
- to get a COVID-19 vaccination
From 11.59pm on Tuesday 28 September, the following easing of restrictions will apply for residents in Mitchell Shire:
- Contactless recreation at outdoor facilities, such as boating, tennis or golf
- The travel radius will expand to 15km – so exercise and shopping can take place up to 15km from your home.
- Personal training can take place with five fully vaccinated people outside, plus a fully vaccinated trainer.
- Restrictions on playgrounds will be lifted, meaning normal public gathering limits apply, and masks can be removed to eat and drink at the playground