A woman will face court today charged after allegedly crashing into a police car following a pursuit in Tamworth.
About 11am on Wednesday (11 November 2020), officers attached to Oxley Police District attempted to stop a white Holden Commodore on Chelmsford Avenue, Tamworth.
Police will allege the driver failed to stop, before officers commenced a pursuit.
They followed the car for a short distance before terminating the pursuit due to safety concerns.
About 10.30pm yesterday (Monday 16 November 2020), officers sighted the same vehicle on Goonoo Goonoo Road, Tamworth where they attempted to stop it.
A pursuit was initiated, and a short time later the driver lost control causing it to spin, before driving the vehicle towards the police car and hitting it.
A 23-year-old woman, attempted to flee on foot and was arrested a short distance away.
The woman was arrested taken to Tamworth Hospital for treatment of minor injuries before being taken Tamworth Police Station and charged with:
- Police pursuit – not stop – drive dangerously (two counts)
- Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period (two counts)
- Use unregistered registrable Class A motor vehicle on road (two counts)
- Use vehicle on road or road related area motor vehicle tax not paid
- Use uninsured motor vehicle (two counts)
- Use class A vehicle displaying altered number-plate
- Breach of bail
The woman was refused bail to appear at Tamworth Local Court today (Tuesday 17 November 2020).