Ballina Shire Council’s crews will soon commence Stage 2 of the Lennox Village Vision project, which involves road and footpath reconstruction, installation of street furniture and landscaping along Ballina Street.
To enable road reconstruction works to be completed as quickly as possible, Ballina Street, between Park Lane and Byron Street, will be temporarily reduced to one-way traffic heading south from Tuesday 24 May 2022.
This traffic change will be in place for the remainder of the project, until December 2022, while Ballina Street is under construction.
The one-way arrangement is essential to provide Council’s crews with sufficient width to reconstruct the road while maintaining one-way traffic and access to businesses.
Construction will commence at the southern end of Ballina Street on the eastern side, from Park Lane to south of Rayner Lane.
What to expect:
- Traffic control and signage will direct motorists and pedestrians during the works.
- Motorists should allow extra travel time. Please detour via Park Lane and The Coast Road where possible.
- Every effort will be made to maintain business access although, at times, access may be altered. Council’s crews will communicate directly with impacted businesses and property owners during each stage of works.
- Car parking on the western side of Ballina Street will be available but limited.
- Water filled barriers will be placed along Ballina Street to protect construction workers.
- Large machinery, truck movements and construction noise will occur in close proximity to business and residential properties from 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday and could occur on limited Saturdays from 7am to 5pm.
- Night works may be required at times. Residents will be notified prior to any night works.
- Council will do everything possible to minimise noise and dust impacts.
Ballina Shire Council thanks the community for their continued patience and understanding during these important upgrade works.
For more information and to register for emailed project updates visit ballina.nsw.gov.au/LennoxVillageVision