Latrobe Crime Investigation Unit detectives have charged a man following an alleged kidnapping in Moe yesterday.
The 40-year-old Morwell man has been charged with:
• False imprisonment;
• Common law assault;
• Unlawful assault
• Drive whilst disqualified;
• Contravene a conduct condition of bail;
• Commit indictable offence whilst on bail;
• Dangerous driving while pursued by police;
• Reckless conduct endangering life;
• Handle stolen goods;
• Theft; and
• Traffic related offences.
The charges relate to the alleged kidnapping of a Traralgon woman in Moe on 23 October.
It is alleged both parties are known to each other.
The man has been remanded and will appear at the Latrobe Valley Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
Detectives are still keen to speak to speak to the dog walkers who assisted the victim and anyone else with dashcam footage of the Audi travelling through the Moe area, in particular on Albert Street about 11.45am.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au