A man has been charged following investigations into an alleged domestic-related incident in Burwood earlier this week.
On Monday (14 June 2021), officers from Burwood Police Area Command received reports of domestic-related incident between a woman and a man, who are known to each other.
Police will allege a 35-year-old woman was allegedly held against her will, assaulted and lifted over the side of a balcony at a unit on Elizabeth Street, Burwood on Monday evening (14 June 2021).
The incident was reported to police and detectives commenced an investigation resulting in the arrest of a 36-year-old man at the Burwood unit this morning (Wednesday 16 June 2021).
He was taken to Burwood Police Station where he was charged with:
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm (DV)
- Stalk/intimidate intend fear etc harm (personal)
- Cause grievous bodily harm to person with intent
- Take person intend serious indictable offence
- Install device, adapt building to observe or film other
- Threaten or distribute intimate image without consent.
He was refused bail and will appear in Burwood Local Court tomorrow (Thursday 17 June 2020).