Regional Investigations Unit detectives have charged a 30-year-old man as a result of their investigation into a series of burglaries and stolen vehicles that occurred between Thursday, 27 June and Friday 28 June 2019.
Yesterday, 12 October 2020 Regional Investigations Unit detectives arrested the man during a vehicle stop on the Kwinana Freeway and he was taken into custody.
It is alleged the man was involved in the seven incidents across the suburbs of Wellard, Secret Harbour, Greenfields, Dudley Park, Mandurah, Baldivis and Karawara.
It is further alleged during some of these incidents the man was armed, threatened members of the public, and stole various vehicles and personal items. It is also alleged over the weekend of 10 and 11 October 2020, the man committed family violence acts.
The 30-year-old man from Hammond Park has been charged with:-
• Six counts of Aggravated Home Burglary and Commit;
• Six counts of Steal Motor Vehicle;
• Three counts of Aggravated Armed Robbery;
• Two counts of Stealing:
• One count of Aggravated Robbery;
• One count of Aggravated Home Burglary with Intent;
• One count Aggravated Assault Occasioning Bodily Harm; and
• One count of Impeded Another Person’s Normal Breathing or Blood Circulation by Applying Pressure to Neck.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, 13 October 2020.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with any information regarding these incidents is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au