Stay Safe This Winter

Wentworth Shire

NSW Health is reminding people that outdoor heaters and barbeques should never be used indoors.

Outdoor heaters and barbeques make carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas you can’t see, taste, or smell. When it builds up inside your home, carbon monoxide gas can kill without warning.

What are common sources?

Common sources of carbon monoxide include barbeques, charcoal briquettes and grills, outdoor heaters, gas lanterns, tools with small gasoline engines (such as pressure washers or concrete saws), and engine exhausts (from a car and boat).

What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

Common symptoms include:


•nausea and stomach pain







Extended exposure can cause:

•loss of consciousness


•permanent brain injury


Symptoms of poisoning get worse with prolonged exposure.

What should be done in suspected exposure?

/Public Release. View in full here.