Mitchell Shire was buzzing with excitement as a large crowd attended the Pyalong Memorial Gardens for the 2020 Australia Day Awards and Citizenship Ceremony.
The annual Australia Day Award recipients are
- Citizen of the Year – Kilmore’s John Perrett
- Young Citizen of the Year – Wallan’s Ebony Layley
- Access and Inclusion Champions (joint winners) – Seymour College Inclusive Education Class and Kilmore’s Paris Ingham
- Community Event of the Year – Broadford and District Historical Society’s 2019 Australia Day Exhibition
- Community Group of the Year – Seymour Agricultural and Pastoral Society
There were 38 people who became Australian Citizens on the day.
Pyalong Neighbourhood House hosted the celebrations.