A man will face court today charged after he allegedly shot two men on the Central Coast at the weekend.
About 12.45am on Sunday (23 February 2020), officers from Tuggerah Lakes Police District were called to a caravan park in Kanwal, following reports of a shooting.
Officers established a crime scene and spoke with a number of witnesses; however, those allegedly involved had fled the scene.
As inquiries continued, a 22-year-old man, suffering a gunshot wound to his leg, was located at a home in Stapleton Street, Pendle Hill, about 8am that day. He was taken to Westmead Hospital in a stable condition.
A second man, aged 42, who police allege was shot in the abdomen, refused medical treatment.
Following extensive inquiries, investigators, with the assistance of specialist tactical officers, arrested a 44-year-old man at a fast food restaurant on the Cumberland Highway, Cabramatta West, about 2.30pm yesterday (Tuesday 25 February 2020).
During a search of the man, police located methylamphetamine and more than $3500 in cash.
A short time later, the man’s vehicle was searched, and officers located drug paraphernalia and mobile phones.
These items were all seized to undergo forensic examination.
The man was taken to Fairfield Police Station, where he was charged with nine offences, including:
- two counts of discharge firearm intend cause grievous bodily harm,
- acquire firearm – subject to prohibition order,
- possess loaded firearm endanger life non-public place,
- resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty,
- two counts of supply prohibited drug,
- drive motor vehicle during disqualification period, and
- deal with property proceeds of crime.
The Berkeley Vale man was refused bail to appear at Liverpool Local Court today (Wednesday 26 February 2020).