NSW Health can advise that 17 cases of COVID-19 have now been identified in the Northern Beaches area, including cases diagnosed yesterday and today.
As a number of new cases are currently being interviewed, it is likely that a number of new venues will be identified and that people in the northern beaches may have attended these venues.
Therefore, to assist contact tracing and to contain any potential spread of COVID-19, we ask that for the next three days, people residing in the Northern Beaches Local Government Area take the following steps:
- Work from home and remain at home as much as possible
- Do not visit friends or relatives in aged care facilities or hospitals unless essential
- Avoid unnecessary gatherings
- Keep to your household group
- Avoid visiting high-risk venues including clubs, restaurants, places of worship and gyms
- Avoid unnecessary travel outside the Northern Beaches area.
At this time, we request that people from outside the area should avoid unnecessary travel to the Northern Beaches.
There are more than 300 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week. To find your nearest clinic visithttps://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics or contact your GP.