We received a fantastic response to our initial 2024-2025 Budget survey with more than 650 community members taking part.
You told us your top six priorities for Council spending (in order) were:
- Sport (courts, ovals, fields and pavilions)
- Parks, reserves and other open spaces
- Roads and traffic and parking management
- Maintenance and cleaning of public spaces
- Footpaths, cycling and pedestrian infrastructure
- Recycling and waste management
We’re really keen to hear more about why you’re so passionate about these topics and your ideas for projects and services you would like to see delivered (specifically in these areas), now and in the future.
As such we’ve decided to include an additional phase in our Budget 2024-2025 consultation.
As part of this new opportunity, we’re offering you the chance to pitch your idea to Councillors at an in-person, meeting at the Manningham Function Centre on the evening of Monday 18 March. Each submitter will have three minutes to present their pitch.
Don’t worry though, pitching in person is optional and we will still consider your ideas if you choose not to present or aren’t shortlisted.
We will shortlist a maximum of six pitches from each of your six priority areas above to be presented and are looking for:
- A range of ideas on diverse topics
- Pitches from individuals and organisations
- Ideas from across Manningham suburbs
- Ideas which will benefit our community
Applications are also open for our Community Grants Program so it may be worth considering whether your community group’s project is more suitable for funding through a community development, arts or festivals and events grant.
To express your interest in pitching or tell us about your idea, please visit Your Say Manningham before 11.59pm on Monday 4 March.
The final 2024-25 Budget and 10 Year Financial Plan will be considered for endorsement by Council at its meeting on Tuesday 25 June 2024.