In December 2021, the WHO Global Learning Laboratory issued a call for submissions for action briefs from countries which described initiatives, large or small, that aimed to improve or simply maintain the delivery of quality care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Four action briefs and one knowledge brief describe in detail the learnings from low- and middle-income countries including Kenya, Ethiopia, and India, that developed initiatives to maintain and improve the quality of care provided to patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. The actions and learnings described in the briefs cover the period from September 2019 to September 2020. These knowledge products are published on the WHO Global Learning Laboratory platform.
The action briefs cover the areas of:
- maintaining quality essential services in Ethiopia;
- providing quality stroke care in low- and middle-income countries;
- ensuring a continuum of quality maternal care for pregnant mothers in Kenya;
- use of a digital app for integrating and improving the quality of health service delivery.
The knowledge brief looks at:
- enhancing health security through quality of care.