As Baw Baw Shire and the whole of regional Victoria once again enter Stage 3 restrictions, several Council services will be temporarily altered or suspended.
As of today, the following changes to Council services apply for the duration of the restriction period:
Services operating with restrictions
- Customer Service Centres in Drouin and Warragul will close from 5.00pm Friday 7 August. Customers are encouraged to contact Council by phone, Live Chat and email.
- Household waste and kerbside hard waste collections will continue as normal. Transfer stations will also remain open with physical distancing limits in place. Payment by EFT is encouraged.
- Maternal child health centres will close but continue nurse appointments over the phone.
- Immunisations – check Council’s website for up to date locations and times.
- Kinder enrolments will continue to operate online or over the phone.
- Family day care is still operating with strict hygiene protocols in place in accordance with government requirements.
- Home maintenance and modifications.
- Personal care.
- Council supported parent groups and playgroups will continue to operate virtually.
- Libraries and mobile libraries will close, with home deliveries, online chat, Tech Talks, online programs and events continuing to be available for the community.
Services temporarily suspended/closed
- Advisory Committee meetings.
- Committee of Management meetings.
- Council Pop-ups.
- Council-managed bookable spaces.
- Public events on Council land.
- Council’s community bus.
- Playgrounds, camping grounds, and skate parks.
- Leisure centres and pools.
- West Gippsland Arts Centre, including Albert and Smith restaurant.
Council staff must continue to work from home where practicably able. For those who perform community-based roles and can’t work from home, strict hygiene and physical distancing limits apply. Face coverings must be worn by all employees, contractors and delivery staff at all times while on Council sites and out in the community.