Detectives have laid 12 additional charges as part of an ongoing investigation into alleged sexual offences in the Hunter region.
In May 2022, detectives from Hunter Valley Police District established Strike Force REDFA to investigate a number of sexual offences that occurred between Friday 22 April and Monday 16 May 2022 in the Singleton Heights area.
Following inquiries, a 21-year-old man was charged by Hunter Valley Detectives on Thursday 9 June 2022. He remains before the courts.
Following further investigations and analysis of forensic evidence, a search warrant was executed at a home in Singleton Heights yesterday (Thursday 16 June 2022), where clothing was seized and an additional 12 charges were laid at court today (Friday 17 June 2022). The charges include
- Carry out sexual act with another without consent (x2)
- Wilful and obscene exposure in/near public place/school (x3)
- Enter inclosed land not prescribed premises without lawful excuse (x3)
- Peep or pry (x2)
- Take person intend commit serious indictable offence
- Sexually touch another person without consent
- Enter building/land with intent to commit indictable offence (x2)
The man remains on remand and is due to appear at Singleton Local Court.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.