Contact registers will be mandatory from 5 December 2020
As you may be aware, the Western Australian Government has announced that mandatory contact registers at relevant businesses and venues will be introduced from 5 December 2020. Maintaining a contact register is an extra safety measure and one of the most effective ways to control the spread of COVID-19.
Businesses or venues required to keep a contact register, will include:
- Food and licenced venues (restaurants, cafés, bars, pubs, taverns, nightclubs)
- Gyms, indoor sporting centres and pools
- Places of worship and funeral parlours
- Beauty and personal care services including hairdressers and barbers
- Galleries and museums
- Cinemas, theatres and other entertainment venues
- Auction houses and real estate inspections
- Community facilities, libraries and halls
- Zoos and amusement parks
- Function centres
- Accommodation facilities that already have check-in arrangements in place (i.e. hostels, hotels, large camp grounds).