NSW Health has revised the advice for several hundred people who attended an Avalon gym in light of further COVID-19 cases.
Known cases of COVID-19 attended Anytime Fitness on Avalon Parade in Avalon over several days while infectious. Anyone who attended the gym on any day on or after Tuesday 8 December is considered a close contact and should get tested immediately and self-isolate for 14 days after they were last at the gym.
Additionally, anyone who attended the gym between Monday 23 November and Monday 7 December is advised to get tested and self-isolate until they receive a negative result.
Anytime Fitness Avalon is closed until further notice and is undergoing cleaning.
Confirmed cases of COVID-19 have also visited a number of locations around Sydney.
NSW Health is advising all customers who dined-in at Oceana Traders – Seafood Merchants, 31 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon Beach on the following dates is considered a close contact and should get tested immediately and self-isolate for 14 days after they were last at the venue:
- Monday 14 December
- Tuesday 15 December
- Wednesday 16 December
- Thursday 17 December
Additionally, all customers who purchased take away from Oceana Traders are casual contacts and should get tested and isolate until they have a negative result.
Anyone who was at the following venue for one hour or more during the times below is considered a close contact and should get tested immediately and self-isolate until 30 December. Other people who attended the venue for less than an hour during the times below should monitor for symptoms, and get tested immediately if they appear:
- Nomad Restaurant, 16 Foster St, Surry Hills: Wednesday 16 December, 12:45pm – 2pm
- Café Toscano (outdoor verandah area), 1 Wallis St, Forster: Wednesday 16 December, 6pm-7:45pm
- Strawberry Hills Hotel, 453 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills: Wednesday 16 December, 3:30pm-6pm
Anyone who attended the following locations is considered a close contact and must get tested and isolate for 14 days regardless of the result:
- Avalon RSL, 1 Bowling Green Ln, Avalon Beach: Monday 14 December, 6pm-8pm
- The Sands, 1260 Pittwater Rd, Narrabeen: Tuesday 15 December, 6pm-8pm Salon for Hair, 3/1335 Pacific Hwy, Turramurra: Thursday 17 December and Friday 18 December, 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Rose of Australia, 1 Swanson St, Erskineville: Tuesday 15 December, 7pm – 8.45pm
- Sydney Trapeze School, St Peters: Tuesday 15 December, 10am – 12pm (only staff and patrons who attended the class for beginners)
Anyone who attended the following venues at the below times is considered a casual contact and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result:
- Mitre 10 Mona Vale, 73 Bassett St, Mona Vale: Tuesday 15 December, 8:30am – 5:30pm and Wednesday 16 December, 8:30am – 5:30pm
- 2108 Espresso, 3/24 Ocean Rd, Palm Beach: Monday 14 December, 8am – 9am
- McDonald’s Raymond Terrace, William Bailey St, Raymond Terrace: Tuesday 15 December, 11.45am -12.15pm
- Warringah Mall: Wednesday 16 December, 10.40am – 1.40pm
- High Tek Aquarium, 732 Pittwater Rd, Brookvale: Wednesday 16 December, 1.55pm – 2.55pm
- Beach Bums Café, Corner Beach Street and North Street, Forster: Wednesday 16 December, 8am – 9am and Thursday 17 December, 8am- 9am
- Rose of Australia, 1 Swanson St, Erskineville: Tuesday 15 December after 8.45pm
- Sydney Trapeze School, St Peters: Tuesday 15 December, any class after 10am
- Cuckoo Callay on Crown, 413-415 Crown St, Surry Hills: Tuesday 15 December, 11am – 12pm
- Harris Farm Warehouse, Flemington Markets, Homebush: Tuesday 15 December, 2am- 11am, Wednesday 16 December, 2am – 11am, Thursday 17 December, 2am- 1pm
A confirmed case also travelled between the following train stations during the times below. Other passengers are considered casual contacts and should monitor for symptoms:
- T1 North Shore Line, Monday 14 December, departing Artarmon 8:27am, arriving Wynyard 8:49am
- T1 North Shore Line, Monday 14 December, departing Wynyard 6:42pm, arriving Artarmon 7:01pm
- T1 North Shore Line, Tuesday 15 December, departing Artarmon 9:17am, arriving Wynyard 9:38am
- T3 Bankstown Line, Tuesday 15 December, departing St James 6:34pm arriving Erskineville 6:48pm
- T3 Bankstown Line, Wednesday 16 December, departing Erskineville 7:03am, arriving Central 7:12am
The details for the below venue announced in the Public Health Alert earlier this afternoon have been revised. Please note amendments in bold:
- Fitness First Mona Vale, Pittwater Place Shopping Centre, 10 Park Street Mona Vale: Sunday 13 December, 2pm- 4pm and Monday 14 December, 10.30am – 12.30pm and Wednesday 16 December, 8.30am – 10am
Anyone in the state with even the mildest symptoms such as headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat or runny nose, is asked to come forward immediately for testing, then isolate until a negative result is received.
To increase testing options for the Northern Beaches community, new pop-up clinics have been opened this week. There are more than 300 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week. To find your nearest clinic visit COVID-19 testing clinics or contact your GP.