There have been 634 new cases of COVID-19 reported today. There have been 3,550 cases reported in South Australia to date.
Today’s cases include 47 children, 34 teenagers, 262 women aged between 18 and 94 and 291 men aged between 18 and 89.
Of these, 24 cases acquired their infection in South Australia and are known contacts of a positive case, three cases acquired their infection in South Australia with the contact unknown, ten cases acquired their infection interstate, and 597 cases are under investigation.
There are twelve cases in hospital, of which are one child, four people in their 30s, one person in their 50s, two people in their 60s, two people in their 70s and two people in their 90s. Included in the total hospitalised cases, are one person in their 30s who is ventilated in ICU and one person in their 70s in ICU. Of the hospitalised cases, four are fully vaccinated, one is partially vaccinated, and seven are unvaccinated.
One case previously notified was rejected after further investigation.
By way of update to the number of cases in one Residential Aged Care Facility previously reported on 21 December 2021, a total of 22 residents and three staff members of this one facility have tested positive to COVID-19. Of those residents, one is being cared for in hospital and the remaining residents are receiving specialised care at the facility with the support of SA Health.
We encourage anyone who has been out in the community to monitor closely for symptoms and get tested as soon as soon as they appear.
- Percentage of samples taken with Omicron result – 81%
New case breakdown
- New cases today – 634
- New cases vaccinated – 269
- New cases unvaccinated – 40
- Vaccination status unknown – 325
- Overseas acquired – 0
- Locally acquired – 27
- Interstate acquired – 10
- Under investigation – 597
- Unlinked – 0
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases since 23 November – 2,628
- Total active cases – 2,469
- Total cases – 3,550
- Deaths – 4
- Tests carried out yesterday – 21,573
Hospitalisation and Health System statistics
- Total cases in hospital – 12
- Total cases in ICU – 2
- Total cases ventilated – 1
- Cases in home quarantine – 2,368
- Cases in supervised quarantine – 89
- Close contacts identified – 1,531
- First dose vaccinated (12+) – 92.2%
- Second dose vaccinated (12+) – 87.3%
Norwood cluster cases
- Total cases 40
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, please seek testing as soon as possible.
Find your nearest testing site at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDtesting.