You’re invited to provide your thoughts on Mornington Peninsula Shire’s draft Public Transparency Policy 2022.
This draft Policy sets out Council’s commitment to openness and transparency in decision-making processes and describes how information will be made available to the public.
Council has adopted a number of other policies and procedures serving to increase transparency and accountability, including the following:
- Public Transparency Policy 2020
- Community Engagement Policy
- Chief Executive Officer Annual Performance and Remuneration Review
- Councillor Gift Policy including online register
- Budget Briefings open to the public
- Live streaming online of all Council and Planning Services Meetings
- Conflict of Interest Declarations available online.
HOW TO HAVE YOUR SAY
Help shape our draft Public Transparency Policy by providing your thoughts before 4 July by visiting mornpen.vic.gov.au/publictransparencypolicy.
Hard copy forms are also available on request at our Customer Service Centres.
Quotes attributable to Mayor Councillor Anthony Marsh:
“Being open, honest, transparent and accountable with our community is the foundation of democracy and our organisation. I encourage you to provide feedback on our draft Public Transparency Policy during the consultation period.”