A man has been charged over a break-in at a Haymarket restaurant at the weekend.
Officers from Sydney City Police Area Command were notified after an unknown man forced entry to the restaurant on Hay Street about 2.30am on Saturday (24 October 2020) and allegedly stole cash.
Following inquiries, a 41-year-old man was arrested by detectives at a licensed venue on George Street, Haymarket, about 3.10pm yesterday (Thursday 29 October 2020).
He was taken to Day Street Police Station where he was charged with a number of matters from Sydney City and Inner West Police Area Commands, including
- Break, enter and steal at Haymarket on 24 October 2020,
- Break, enter and steal at Haymarket on 25 October 2020,
- Aggravated break and enter with intent at St Peters on 23 October 2020,
- Aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence at St Peters on 23 October 2020
- Dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception at Sydney (five counts), and
- Possess prohibited drug
The man was refused bail and will appear before Central Local Court later today (Friday 30 October 2020).