Ashurst advises FSI on investment in Sterling

Global law firm Ashurst has advised  FSI SGR on the signing of a binding agreement with Sterling, a leading manufacturer of active principles used to treat pathologies for oncologic, respiratory and dermatologic disease, for the creation of a partnership aimed at creating a European leader in the active pharmaceutical ingredients.

Following the completion of the investment, the Ferlin family will hold 65% of the Sterling Group while the remaining 35% will be held by FSI. A large portion of FSI’s investment will be structured as a capital increase with the aim of providing Sterling with the financial resources to pursue an ambitious development plan to expand organically and through acquisitions.

Ashurst has supported FSI on all legal aspects of the transaction with a team led by partner Fabio Niccoli supported by senior associate Andrea Di Rosa and trainee Carolina Quagliata. Due diligence activities have been carried out by a multi-practice team coordinated by senior associate Andrea Di Rosa and supported by associate Andrea Enni and trainee Carolina Quagliata for corporate aspects, counsel Luca Maria Chieffo and associate Beatrice Melito on banking & finance aspects , partner Elena Giuffrè and trainee Marco Messina on administrative and regulatory law aspects and associate Matteo Sortino supported on real estate matters.

/Public Release.