Edward River Council’s Community Strategic Plan is available for community feedback.
The Plan identifies our community’s main priorities and aspirations for the future and the strategies that will be implemented to achieve our shared vision for the future of the Edward River Local Government Area.
In developing Edward River 2050, Council has undertaken significant consultation with community, government, business and industry.
The Our Region, Your Say – Edward River report that was the result of this process developed a shared vision underpinned by five strategic outcomes, with renewed focus:
• Shaping the future – Protect and enhance both our natural and built environment as we grow
• An open and connected community – Build capacity and access to freight, transport, information and cultural links within and beyond our region
• Encouraging growth through partnerships – Invest in, promote and celebrate living, working and visiting the Edward River experience
• Delivering community assets and services – Develop and maintain public infrastructure that supports local businesses to grow and attract new investment
• Accountable leadership and responsive administration – Councillors are leaders in the community who are informed and responsive to the community’s expectations.
“This Plan sets the direction for our Council,” Edward River Council mayor Cr. Peta Betts said.
“We not only want Edward River to be a great place to live, but we want more people to live here.”
The Plan is available on Council’s website Here or from the Customer Service Centre at the Edward River Library in Napier Street.
Exhibitions at village halls will be announced shortly, the mayor said.