Under state regulations (Section 162 of the Roads Act 1993) Orange City Council is required to inform the community about new street names by placing an item on the council website.
The new streets are in the Lakeside Estate, off Leeds Parade. There are seven new street names, named after wetland birds found in the Orange area.
- LAKESIDE DRIVE (due to the lake)
- CAPE BARREN PLACE (Cape Barren Goose)
- FAIRYWREN STREET (Superb Fairy Wren)
- DARTER DRIVE (Australasian Darter)
- WHISTLING WAY (Whistling Duck)
- MALLARD WAY (Mallard Duck)
- MOORHEN STREET (Dusky Moorhen)