Results from the Community Satisfaction Research Survey 2022 show that overall, 88% of residents are satisfied with the performance of Council in the past year.
The telephone survey of 600 randomly selected residents across all wards earlier this year by independent market research consultants Micomex Research, is the fourth carried out since 2016.
The survey looks at long-term trends in community satisfaction and priorities across a broad range of Council services and facilities.
Northern Beaches Mayor Michael Regan said the results were reflective of the organisations vision and values which underpin all actions.
“It has been a challenging 12 months with COVID and significant rain and storm events. Council remains focused on continuing to support our local businesses and residents through this difficult time.
“We can always strive to do better but it’s pleasing to receive results which recognise the dedication and commitment of our hard-working staff.
“Our aim is to put the customer at the centre of everything we do, and we will continue to drive this customer-focused culture and provide the highest quality service for our community.
“This survey establishes a consolidated baseline for Council’s services and will be considered as part of our ongoing strategic planning, service delivery and areas of improvement.” Mayor Regan said.
Key highlights of the survey include:
- Overall, 88% of residents were ‘somewhat satisfied’ to ‘very satisfied’ with Council’s performance
- 81% of residents who had contact with a Council staff member in the past 12 months said they were ‘somewhat satisfied’ to ‘very satisfied’
- The community rated their highest satisfaction with our lifeguards, libraries, food safety and the Warringah and Manly Aquatic Centres
- Quality of life in the Northern Beaches rated extremely high, with 99% of residents reporting it to be good or better
- Agreement with the statement ‘people on the Northern Beaches are generally proud of their area’ was extremely high. Most respondents also feel a sense of belonging in their community and have someone to call on if they need assistance.
“I’m not surprised 99% of residents said their quality of life on the Northern Beaches ranked ‘good’ to ‘excellent’ with the extraordinary environment we’re surrounded by – it’s really a unique and beautiful place we are proud to call home.
“We will continue to work to protect and enhance this through our many services, community infrastructure, events and projects.” said Mayor Regan.
To view the findings of the report, visit our website.